Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Reason

So....this will be my little introduction to why this blog even exists.


I had only been in New York for about 3 months when I got the phone call that confirmed that my mother had been diagnosed with MALT Lymphoma -- a blood cancer. After many phone calls and prayers, I finally reached a point where I can accept it for what it is and just try to do what I can to ease the situation for my mom, for my family and for myself. My mom just finished her 3rd cycle of chemotherapy (3 more to go!) and I have been in New York for the majority of her treatment. I feel like I should be home or I should be doing something....anything. I can only send her so many hats and scarves and words of encouragement before I feel useless again. So....that's where Team in Training came into play.

So....short of shaving all my hair off (which I was thisclose to doing)....this is the best thing I can do to support my mom from afar. I'll train with a group of runners in NYC for 5 months, ending with the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco! Not only will I help to raise a lot of money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, but with all that running, I'll be well on my way on Mission: Hot Body. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home