Friday, April 28, 2006

Team in Training

Last night was the information meeting for Team in Training at Chelsea Piers. We met the mentors and our coaches, as well as the other men and women that will be training with us for this specific marathon. Everyone was super nice and just as pumped to be there as we were.

After they talked to us, they had a pop quiz of sorts, and I was picked to answer the first question, scoring myself a sweet little giftbag of goodies. Had I KNOWN that the people after me were getting WAY better prizes, I'd have waited to raise my hand (my TNT nalgene-mousepad-cap giftbag vs. a 60-min swedish massage, 6-month membership to the chelsea piers sportscenter, etc) BUT....I digress...

We talked a bit about the society and and how cancer has affected all our lives, and Lindsay and I were able to write my mom's name down as our "honored teammate" -- we'll be running in her honor, which is very special to me.

So....the fancy kick-off to the fall training season for the whole New York chapter is on May 10, and training begins on May 13. Saturday morning at 8:30am (thus...no more friday night drinking)....and rumor has it that it's a 4-mile run. Eek!

Fundraising link will be up soon....time to raid your piggy banks, kids....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home