Monday, June 12, 2006

Running Machines!



Lots of running this weekend! Saturday was the Circle of Friends 10K race in Central Park, so that's where the majority of the ladies were for Saturday morning training. The rest of us had a 7:30am workout, which means that Kim slept through it of course! Too early for me! So...basically, I made my way to the reservoir around 8:30 and did 2 loops (3 miles) on my own and then managed to find the sea of runners doing the race. 10k is a little bit more than 6 miles, which is why I didn't run it....I haven't gotten to that distance in training yet, so that would've been pushing it.

Anyways....I was surprised I was able to pick the girls out of the crowd! When I found them, I proceeded to be their personal cheerleader, yelling encouragement from the sidelines. Go Lindsay!! :-)

On Sunday night, Lindsay and I met up again to run another 3 miles around the Reservoir. Since I had been lazy all day prior to that, I was definitely not in the best running mood. She had to push me to finish those 2 loops....I was ready to quit after the first half mile!

But, of course, we practically reversed that workout not to long afterwards. Strawberry margaritas at Cilantro and THEN a giant pizza back at my place while we watched the Mavs whoop on Miami. No bueno!

lindsay: 9 miles
kim: 6 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home