Friday, June 16, 2006

Effort Levels

So...Tuesday's workout was pretty rough on a lot of us for some reason. Maybe our bodies are still getting acclimated to this new warm weather we're having in New York (finally!), because we didn't increase our distance by too much but it felt like I added another 2 miles to my regular 3!

We worked on "effort levels" -- not fun. Basically, we have our normal pace which is the comfortable pace you would take on for your everyday running...but when you increase your effort level, you basically breathe a little deeper, run a little faster...push yourself to work a little bit harder. Perhaps that was another reason that so many of us were dying.

We ran the lower loop twice, which equals 3.4 miles. I got separated from the small group I was running with, so as I was nearing the end of my 2nd loop, I thought I was lost because the 2nd loop felt soooo much longer than the first one. I swore I did ran one more mile than I meant to! But alas....ran a few blocks more just to be sure and then, of course, I found them. I made it in time for most of the stretching session which was killer!

I also had to part ways with my spirit cape on Tuesday. Here are some pics of the finished product....







If you can't see the detail, Lindsay's artwork is at the top where it says "San FranFREAKINcisco" and I added "Ramon's Freakin' Counter" underneath it. We have fully taken on our head coach's language, so we thought it would be funny to put a counter on there to keep track of how many times he says "freaking" during our whole 5 months of training. I also added a picture of my mom to the left of it. YAY mom! You're famous! haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home