Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

So this weekend I turned the big 2-5 and instead of celebrating with normal birthday fare on my big day, I went to bed at 10 pm and woke up at 5am the next morning to run the Inaugural NYC Half Marathon as Kim mentioned below. That's right. I exchanged a wild night out partying for carb loading, Asics and Gu gel!

I ended up running the race with three other TNTers - Jess, Maggie and Natalie - all of whom are also signed up for San Francisco. We started in Central Park and did one 6 mile loop (we all know that one well by now) and then headed downtown on 7th Avenue where we actually got to run straight down the middle of Times Square. For the last 4 miles we ran down the West Side Highway and finished in Battery City Park. So basically it went Harlem at 5 miles, Cup of Noodles Billboard at 8 miles and Statue of Liberty (or at least the ferry to it!) at 13.1 miles.

My goal time for the 13.1 miles was 2:10 and I came in just under that at 2:08!! My dad who came into town for my birthday ran too, and I hate to admit it, but Pops, who is exactly twice my age, beat me with a time of 2:01.

A few of my favorite things about the race: Watching our coach Ramon dance and cheer from the highest points he could find all around the City, free Nike stuff (oh yeah!), having it start pouring freezing cold rain as we turned out of Central Park, seeing Natalie's and Jess' families along the course, speeding up for the last mile, meeting my Dad at the finish line and last but not least, wearing the purple TNT singlet and all that comes with it - our mission, the teammates, the coaches and everyone else who recognizes us and cheers Team in Training on.

Aww, looks like I am getting sentimental in my old age :)!

- Lindsay

TNT girls at the start of the race (L to R: Natalie, Jill, Lytle, Maggie, Jess, Lindsay)

My dad and I at the start of the race.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Kim said...

WHOO! go linz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home