Tuesday, August 22, 2006

How come every time you come around....


Training is starting to wear on me. It's been four months, and there are still 2 more to go. It's been forever since I've been to a Tuesday practice, mostly because I've been so tired after work. Tuesdays are especially bad since I have to be in the office at 8:15 and am there until 6 (with practice immediately afterwards). I'll admit I've been slacking. I just feel like we've been training FOREVER!

Last Thursday, I was in the running mood (and felt guilty for not going to Tuesday's practice) so after a few errands after work, I went to the park for a short 4 mile run.

Saturday was supposed to be the big run across the George Washington Bridge. All the way uptown. In the morning. An hour commute (bus across town, then 2 different trains uptown from 86th street to 178th street). That's not even Manhattan anymore!

Needless to say, I did manage to get out of bed but never made it up to the Bridge. (signature.) Instead, I walked past the bus stop and kept going, towards the Park. I only did 6 miles, again, but you try running that long by yourself! I didn't even have my ipod with me since I wouldn't have been allowed to use it at the bridge. So, it was a quiet (boring) run, which is why I stopped at 6. Lindsay did go to the bridge run, and I'm sure it was somewhere near 12-14 miles.

This weekend is the NYC half-marathon. The first one ever. A bunch of people from TNT, including Lindsay, are running that so I'll be there bright and early to cheer them on! That also means I'll be on my own again to train this weekend since there will be no group practice on Saturday.

Last week was TNT Recommitment for us -- that means that we are officially registered for the marathon/half-marathon, flights and hotels booked, and fully committed to MEETING OUR FUNDRAISING GOALS!

In related news, we are waiting for official word on Mom's condition. I'll be sending another email update soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home