Wednesday, June 28, 2006

tick tock...


So, yesterday we did "fast miles." OUCH.

One mile (E 90th St. to W 102nd St.) at our regular, relaxed pace, then stop. Turn around. Run back one mile at an increased effort level (deeper breathing, faster running...not quite a sprint, but faster than you would normally run). The run back is timed.

When you get back to the starting point...do it all over again. One easy mile, one timed fast mile.

I was ready to die. 4 miles total -- 2 regular, 2 fast.

At least I found running buddies in my pace group, so I wasn't tempted to cheat and stop running -- okay, I did walk a little on the last mile since they did, though. That's why my 2nd timed mile wasn't too great. I was dripping with sweat and my legs felt like jelly....who knew it was humid in NY? Not me.

At any rate, my first mile was 12 min 22 sec. Not that great, but not too shabby either. Speed Racer Lindsay did 8 minutes on her first mile and 7 on her second one. CRAZY. She's an athlete, though. The only sport I excelled at was tennis and running around a court isn't the same as running around a field! Well...I also only played on a team for 2 years, while she played in school all the way through college. So...I'm just happy I finished without giving up and/or dying. Looking forward to the social tonight. Should be a ton of fun. One of our training captains already has a "setlist" (yes...he said he has a setlist) picked out....and I've been told he does an awesome Springsteen (dance and all). Before that, though, Lindsay and I have a meeting with a potential fundraiser...it'll be awesome if he decides to participate, so keep your fingers crossed for us!

(p.s. that picture of the watch is the one I had to buy during my lunch break at work yesterday so I could time my miles. isn't it pretty? mine is actually more of an off-white/cream color with gold. Lindsay has the white with silver. I know....we're cute, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home