Thursday, September 28, 2006

always late....(but worth the wait!)


If you received the email update from me this week, then you know that this Saturday we are headed to New Jersey to the trails...nice soft ground! Half-marathoners like me are scheduled to run 11 miles....while almost all of you are nice and snug in bed.

We wrangled up some people with cars and a few people were asked to rent a car, so Lindsay will be one of the drivers on Saturday. We are supposed to be at our meeting spot at 6:50am...no later....no exceptions. The mentors and coaches meeting us there were told not to wait.

Conversation between Kim and Lindsay:

L: okay...i'll come pick you up in the morning and then we can get jess then head to the park to meet everyone. we have to be there at 6:50 SHARP.
K: i know. so what time should i be ready?
L: 6:15am. SERIOUSLY. WE CANNOT BE LATE. WE HAVE TO BE THERE AT 6:50. I WILL HONK MY HORN AT YOU. BE OUTSIDE AT 6:15...NOT 6:20...I WILL LEAVE YOU.
K: i knoooowwww. okaaaaay. geez.

Okay, I know I tend to run late almost all the time, but come on. If you're gonna be right outside my door, I WILL BE ON TIME! Whenever I meet someone somewhere that I have to walk, I underestimate how long it will take to actually get there on foot. I don't leave y'all waiting on purpose. Swear! Like they say..."always late, but worth the wait." :-)

Anyways, Lindsay's mean and I just felt like sharing. I'll let you know if she ends up leaving me or not. hahaha.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey now! I am not mean. Not offering to pick you up at all because I know you are chronically late would be mean.

And just for the record, Kim showed up at 6:20, pretty much on time, so I'll give her some props. Annnnd, I even dropped her off right by her apartment on the way back. See nice, not mean!

Looking forward to marathon day when I am going to have to get her late ass out of bed at like 4am :)!

-Lindsay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home