Tuesday, October 17, 2006

...and AWAY we go!


T-minus 1 day!!!

So, in just a bit more than 24 hours, Lindsay and I are off to the west coast to take over San Francisco!!

I'm more excited than nervous at this point. I'm looking forward to a nice vacation, some sightseeing, gorgeous weather (compared to this rainy NY weather!) and...believe it or not....the 13.1 miles. I'm finally starting to feel normal again after being sick for a few days, so I haven't been out for a run in more than a week! It's weird. Who ever thought I'd MISS being outside and running?

My plan is to approach the race just like any of our long distance training runs. I'm not shooting for a specific time. I just want to get out there, see the city on foot, wave to the cheering crowds and cross that finish line alive!! I'm almost kind of sad that this whole experience is almost over, but I'll be sure to soak up every moment of this weekend and, of course, remember the very reason(s) why I am out there. Team in Training will no doubt be the biggest presence out there this weekend. This specific race is in existence for the sole purpose of raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. There will be THOUSANDS of us out there in support of this cause that has become so very close to my heart in the last year.

Our New York City chapter, alone, has raised close to $1 million. At this time last week, we were at about $990,000 and rising.

So, here is one last THANK YOU -- GRACIAS -- MERCI -- GRAZIE -- DANKE -- ARIGATO -- SALAMAT!!! Thank you so much for your donations, your words of encouragement, your prayers, your support...everything!

The next time you hear from me, I will officially be a half-marathoner!! Have a great weekend and think happy thoughts for me on Sunday eaaarrrrllly in the morning!!!

Love,
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home