Thursday, October 26, 2006

I left my heart in San Francisco


We're back!! Our plane landed back in New York last night and I am now a half-marathoner.

15,000 runners and walkers. 4,500 from Team in Training. More than $24 MILLION has been raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in the 2 years that the Nike Women's Marathon has been in existence. In its third year, it is expected to reach $40 million. How amazing is that?

Anyways...San Francisco was beautiful. We caught the most amazing view of the Golden Gate Bridge at some point after the GIANT hill at mile 6-7. The sun was just coming up and there was fog all along the bottom of the bridge. It looked like a postcard.

I'll have a full run-down of the weekend up tonight, hopefully. An email, too. Just trying to get all caught up on the week's worth of work that I missed, so I'll work on that tonight. Keep an eye out for that. I'm waiting on pictures from some people so when I have a full album, I'll send that out.

All you need to know for now is that I crossed the finish line!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home